Friday, May 18, 2012

MY DAILY ROUTINE

This is what has been working for me over the past 6 weeks. I fell on and off the wagon in the first 2 weeks and still lost 18 lbs. because I got right back on. Let's face it, those Holidays make it a little rough, but they don't have to be. The key is to plan ahead so you know what you'll be eating when everyone around you is eating carb filled foods. I'll always have meal plan ideas for EVERY holiday here on my blog. Even little items you can bring with you to parties you can stash in your pockets or purse!

~ 6 WEEK LOW CARB DIET PLAN ~ JUMP START THE WEIGHT LOSS ~
If you do what I did, I GUARANTEE you will loose at least 15 lbs.  
The key is STICKING WITH IT!! 6 weeks is not very long when you think about it. 

FIRST OFF - DRINK WATER!!!!
I drank 8-12 glasses daily. Yes, there are many trips to the restroom, but you are consuming more protein than you have before, so it's a good idea to amp up the water intake. Don't be crazy and drink it all at one, spread it out throughout the day, just try not to drink too much after 5:00pm, you don't want to have to go in the middle of the night right? 
Ok, let's get started...
 
1.) 2-3 Whey Protein Shakes a day. With about 2 grams of carbs per shake & 32g of protein they kept me feeling full. I definitely had one for breakfast and one for lunch. Sometimes I had one before bed if I ate an early dinner. If I felt I needed to consume some sort of actual food between breakfast, lunch & dinner it would be a hard boiled or scrambled egg, cucumber slices, celery, berries, nuts or other low carb food that wasn't huge in calories or fat. They key is PORTION CONTROL!!  Those nuts can reall sneak up on you!

2.) My main meal was dinner. This totally ranged for me in calories.
The norm was:
 ~ protein: steak, fish, seafood, etc.
 ~ green veggie: spinach, kale, squash
 ~ whole grain: flax bread/muffin
 ~ dairy: cheese to top by bread, goat, mozzarella, parmesan, etc.

3.) Dessert: Sugar free jello is awesome!!  No carbs, just fruity deliciousness. There are a BUNCH of flavors too! Add some whipped cream for an indulgent low carb trea!

HERE IS ATKINS CARB COUNTER WHICH I USE ON A DAILY BASIS. THIS IS HOW I MEASURE MY NET CARB INTAKE AS WELL AS NET CARBS IN MY RECIPES POSTED ON MY BLOG.

I also exercise regularly: Cardio & Weight Lifting.
I joined Planet Fitness, which honestly has helped me so much! It's also SUPER AFFORDABLE!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment